[Mailman-Users] Archive page not showing dates properly

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Aug 21 16:59:21 CEST 2015

On 08/21/2015 02:29 AM, Peter Wetz wrote:
> On the archive page of my mailman list the dates are not showing up
> properly. It looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/IrmWnie.png
>
> As you can see, instead of the date a string "%(date)s" is shown. It is
> also worth noting, that it already worked properly. However, suddenly (at
> least I cannot state when exactly) it stopped working and since then dates
> are shown as seen in the screenshot.

The standard Mailman archidxentry.html template does not have a %(date)s
substitution in it. Presumably, your installation/list has a custom
version of this template (<http://wiki.list.org/x/4030605>) which adds
the %(date)s substitution and along with this, modifications to
Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py to add a 'date' entry to the interpolation
dictionary for this template, and also presumably, some Mailman upgrade
removed the modification to HyperArch.py.

> How can I fix this problem?

Replace the current Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py with the one that was
there when it worked, or in the definition of write_index_entry at about
line 1073 where you see

        d = {
            'filename': urllib.quote(article.filename),
            'subject':  subject,
            'sequence': article.sequence,
            'author':   author
        }

change it to

        d = {
            'filename': urllib.quote(article.filename),
            'subject':  subject,
            'sequence': article.sequence,
            'date':     article.datestr,
            'author':   author