[Mailman-Users] How to discard messages from just a few list members?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Aug 22 17:28:02 CEST 2015

On 08/22/2015 06:03 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 8/22/15 8:19 AM, Ulf Dunkel wrote:
>>>
>>> Set the members moderated and set member_moderation_action to Discard.
>> I guess if I would do so, this could mean that I myself won't be able to
>> send postings to the list, too, right?
>>
>> ---Ulf Dunkel
> You would be able to post if you make yourself not moderated.

To be more specific, set Privacy options... -> Sender filters ->
default_member_moderation to Yes to automatically moderate new members
and set Privacy options... -> Sender filters -> member_moderation_action
to Discard and Submit Your Changes. Then on the Membership Management...
-> Membership List page under Additional Member Tasks, set "Set
everyone's moderation bit, including those members not currently
visible" to On and click "Set".

Then, in order to be able to post yourself, uncheck your "mod" box on
the Membership Management... -> Membership List pages and Submit Your
Changes, or better still, leave yourself moderated and post with an
posting by spoofing your address. See the FAQs at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/4030685> and <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030556>.