[Mailman-Users] need assistance upgrading Mailman

Nina Nicholson nnicholson at dioceseofnewark.org
Mon Aug 24 18:51:19 CEST 2015

Thanks all for your quick replies.

Duly noted: Mailman lists are not Listservs. Also, not all tissues are Kleenex and not all adhesive tape is Scotch Tape -- but these copyrighted names all tend to get used as generic terms. :)

I have a dedicated virtual server with a shell login account and am allowed to update it. Unfortunately, my Unix skills are minimal and not up to attempting this on my own. I have managed other installations on my server when being walked through it, remotely, by an experienced person.

I looked at pricing for http://www.emwd.com, and at $4.50 per month per list, with 70+ lists, this would cost us in excess of $3780/year. We're a religious organization with the budget to match -- before I can get Diocesan Council to approve that type of budget increase for something we've had for free up until now, I first have to convince them I've exhausted every other option for fixing our current lists -- which means at least trying the update to see if that helps.

I'll look at the list of Mailman hosts to see if I can find something more affordable -- I would certainly love to outsource this task if I could -- but I'm still hoping to connect with someone who can assist me with the upgrade.

Many thanks,
Nina

Nina Nicholson
Director of Communications & Technology