[Mailman-Users] old messages sent to list on reboot

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Aug 30 03:54:50 CEST 2015

On 08/27/2015 10:53 PM, Eric Smith wrote:
> Hi
>
> After rebooting my server, several mails from some weeks ago were
> resent to lists and also a bunch of moderator requests to me.

There was a bug in Mailman 2.1.9 that would not unlink the
qfiles/QUEUE/*.bak files used for recovery processing under some
conditions. These files would then be 'recovered' when Mailman is restarted.

> How may I prevent this from happening again?

If the above is the reason, update to a more recent version, or possibly
run a periodic cron to remove qfiles/QUEUE/*.bak files older than some age.

It the above is not the reason, We'd need more information to diagnose
how this happened.

Perhaps id you examine your 'qrunner' log leading up to the reboot,
you'll find that some runner or runners had died and not restarted, and
then started and processed their queues after the reboot.