[Mailman-Users] How to prevent messages from being "held"

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Aug 30 04:29:04 CEST 2015

On 08/28/2015 12:42 PM, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:

>> Please tell us what mailman says about them being held- are they
>> over-size, implicit destinations, from a non-subscriber on a closed
>> list, etc? There's usually a reason, although it's not always clear
>> what that reason is.
> It's always the following:
>> SpamAssassin identified this message as possible spam

This message comes from a non-standard handler, perhaps one of the ones
at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/558094>,
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/557991> or
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/266588>, although none of those
produce that exact reason.

> I've checked all config options for that ML many times, everything is
> set up as "openly" as possible. I've even an entry in
> header_filter_rules for "Accept" for regexp "^From:.*" -- still it
> happens once in a while that messages get trapped as purported "spam"...

This is not being done by header_filter_rules.

> Regardless of what SA thinks about a message, I want Mailman to
> distribute it to all subs...

The handler doing this may be in the GLOBAL_PIPELINE or a list specific
pipeline attribute. You need to remove it from whatever pipeline
specifies it.