[Mailman-Users] Why do my posts to own mailman list disappear.

Paul Arenson/tokyoprogressive paul at tokyoprogressive.org
Mon Aug 31 11:29:39 CEST 2015

Thank you to Steve Turnbull and Mark Shapiro for helping me brainstorm why my mailing list was not working.

It turns out it was not a Mailman problem after all. my provider sent me new server info that went straight into my spam box,
and so when it was time to update my mail server (send and receive both new), I stopped getting mail and being able to send mail.

Now that I have updated the servers, all is well.  Well, one thing is odd: no system messages came into mailman until I contacted support and got the instructions. In face, all became normal IN THE MAILMAN INTERFACE at least once I had contacted support.  I don’t see how my being able to send and receive would affect system messages just coming into Mailman itself…Although the messages started again from the time I was told the new server info by support, so until then they were being lost.

I don’t know what to make of that, but am glad it is running again.

Thanks Mark and Steve!

paul