[Mailman-Users] List posts sent to AOL list subscribers bounce as undeliverable (v. 2.1.20)

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Fri Dec 4 17:19:55 EST 2015

Hi,

I'd say the domain does need to be fixed first. I recently encountered a
mail server (not AOL) which refused to accept mail from my domain
because I didn't have an MX record.

As far as I can tell, it is not the individual AOL users who need to
request whitelisting, but rather, the server sending mail on behalf of
the list. Remember, all the AOL users are doing is possibly sending some
messages if they participate on the list, and they're also receiving
list traffic. Since the issue is with AOL users receiving mail, not
sending mail, it's the mail server that needs to be whitelisted, but
before doing that I'd make sure all the DNS stuff is in order.

Jayson