[Mailman-Users] mails send from sendmail with commandline to mailman become 'Message has implicit destination'

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Dec 26 22:52:54 EST 2015

> my issue is when i send a email by using sendmail commandline to mailist
> , maillist services can not read this message correctly , the message
> will become a "Message has implicit destination" warning , but it did
> have a subject and i pretty sure that i have a subject and i did not use
> cc or bcc .

The message file that you sent did not contain a To: header with the
list address.

The sendmail command, unlike the mail command, does not add headers to
the input and your message must have a To: header with the list address
in order to not be flagged for implicit destination.

In other words if you are sending the message with some command like

sendmail -r you at example.com list at example.com < input_file

the file input_file must contain things like