[Mailman-Users] encoding of bin/script output

Danil Smirnov danil at smirnov.la
Wed Feb 4 17:37:52 CET 2015

Hello!

I've noticed that output of bin scripts depends on $LANG environment variable.
I can switch languages of output by issue "export LANG=en_US (or ru_RU)".

But what I could not find is how to switch a charset of output.

I tried to issue "export LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8", "export LANG=ru_RU.koi8-r"
but output remains the same.

For example, nano text editor reacts on commands listed above and become
unreadable in any encoding other than "ru_RU.UTF-8".

Thanks,
Danil