[Mailman-Users] Monthly email reminder of what mailman lists they were subscribed to and the password for each list.

Xie, Wei xie.47 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 5 15:59:58 CET 2015

>>If only one list has send_reminders = Yes, the members of that one list who have their own "Get password reminder email for this list?" set to Yes will receive a monthly >>reminder for that list only.

Got it.

>>I.e., as long as cron/mailpasswds is being run monthly a user will receive a monthly reminder which includes the options page link and password for each list in the domain >>of which she is a member for which both the list's send_reminders = Yes and the her "Get password reminder email for this list?" = Yes and only those lists, unless there >>are no such lists in which case no reminder is sent.

We obviously comment out this cron job. We have over 4,200 mailing lists and over 854,100 subscribers. If password reminders are sent out all subscribers at 5AM on the first of each month, this will be heavy email burden to our  mailman servers.

# 5 AM on the first of each month, mail out password reminders.
#0 5 1 * * /usr/bin/python -S /usr/local/mailman/cron/mailpasswds

Thanks,

Carl