[Mailman-Users] remove message from archive?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Feb 18 17:50:53 CET 2015

On 2/18/2015 1:25 AM, Laura Creighton wrote:

> In the past, in places where I did not have the power to remove, I have
> been able to replace with <this message removed> which mostly did what I
> wanted.

Remove as if it hadn't been sent or remove for improper content? I find that
the former case is quite rare, especially if the message has already been
distributed. You can't un-ring that bell. OTOH if it's just about the
content, leaving a tag in place of the improper content is more responsible
than completely removing it. I'd use something like Laura's tag or the
longer form "<The message was removed by moderators for violating list
policy>" or some such.

z!