[Mailman-Users] max_message_size, how do I change behavior (reject, instead of hold for moderation) and/or notification message (when exceeded)

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Wed Feb 25 14:38:44 CET 2015

Hi all,

Ok, I did this a very long time ago, and can't for the life of me
remember where/how I did this...

I have some lists that have a max_size set, and when someone sends an
email that exceeds this size, it gets held for moderation, and the
sender gets a notification of this, but it is a custom one that I wrote
myself.

Now, I'd like to change this behavior - I want to REJECT these messages
- but can't for the life of me figure out how to do this, or at the very
least , change the notification text to inform them that their message
will be discarded, as opposed to 'eventually dealt with'...

Any pointers to tfm would be appreciated...