[Mailman-Users] max_message_size, how do I change behavior (reject, instead of hold for moderation) and/or notification message (when exceeded)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 25 17:30:19 CET 2015

On 02/25/2015 07:48 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:

> But looking at the Handler, what I'd like for them to get is just the
> last notification - see below: "Your message was too big; please trim it
> to less than %(kb)d KB in size", but without the 'is being held until
> the list moderator...' stuff...
>
> It doesn't have to be rejected, I just want the sender to know that they
> need to resend a smaller message.

You can make a list specific, domain specific or sitewide edited version
of the postheld.txt template. See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/4030605> for where to put it.

However, this would apply to all held messages, not just 'too big' ones.
If that isn't satisfactory, you'd have to modify
Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py to use a different template if the reason is
'too big'.