[Mailman-Users] mailman posts disappear after upgrade

Jason W. Barnes jason at barnesos.net
Mon Jan 5 16:09:19 CET 2015

Mailman-users:

 	I have a problem that I was hoping that you guys might have some
insight into.
 	I'm running Mailman 2.1.14_6 on FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE with postfix
2.11.1 as the MTA.  I recently upgraded all of my ports, and in doing so
managed to break mailman.  I was messing with owners and permissions, but
eventually figured out to remake mailman by hand to work with postfix.
 	But. . .
 	Now mailman posts just disappear.  Here's the output from the
postfix maillog:

Jan  5 06:45:39 oom9 postfix/pickup[5668]: 142FE3D7E: uid=1002 from=<jason at barnesos.net>
Jan  5 06:45:39 oom9 postfix/cleanup[5841]: 142FE3D7E: message-id=<alpine.BSF.2.11.1501050645320.5817 at oom9.barnesos.net>
Jan  5 06:45:39 oom9 postfix/qmgr[46022]: 142FE3D7E: from=<jason at barnesos.net>, size=662, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Jan  5 06:45:39 oom9 postfix/trivial-rewrite[5842]: warning: do not list domain barnesos.net in BOTH mydestination and virtual_alias_domains
Jan  5 06:45:39 oom9 postfix/local[5843]: 142FE3D7E: to=<posttest at barnesos.net>, relay=local, delay=0.46, delays=0.15/0.01/0/0.3, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post posttest)
Jan  5 06:45:39 oom9 postfix/qmgr[46022]: 142FE3D7E: removed

So that all looks fine.  In fact when I run that command,
"/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post posttest" by hand as the mailman
user (after a temporary change from it being /sbin/nologin), it works
fine.  When I control-C out of that it gives me an error message in the
mailman logs under 'error'.  But when I pipe in a file to post it just
goes away.  None of the logs get updated to a new date, and nothing else
seems to change.  It's just gone.
 	Any idea how to diagnose the problem?  Without an error message
I'm struggling to know where to go next.  Thanks in advance if anyone has
any ideas!

 			- Jason