[Mailman-Users] Migration Problem

Dennis Putnam dap1 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 9 01:35:37 CET 2015

On 1/8/2015 7:06 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 01/08/2015 03:23 PM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
>> However,
>> the only step I did not do yet is the URL change (I am testing a
>> kickstart file) so my last problem may be due to that but I am thinking
>> not. When I access the listinfo, no lists are published but I can see
>> them in /var/lib/mailman/lists.
> It probably is the URL used to visit the page. See the FAQ at
> <http://wiki.list.org/x/6oA9>
>> Also the admin pages are not password
>> projected. So either I did not copy something from the old server
>> (CentOS 6 (32 bit)) or whatever I did copy from 2.1.12 (32 bit) is not
>> compatible with 2.1.15 (64 bit).
> A much more likely explanation is you have an authentication cookie in
> your browser. There is no configuration or data (other than the cookie)
> that would cause authentication for the admin pages to be bypassed.
>> There is probably a 'withlist' command
>> that fixes all this but that command cannot be run in the kickstart file
>> so I'd rather copy the appropriate files from the old server if
>> possible. Is there something other than /var/lib/mailman that I should
>> have copied? Perhaps something in /usr/lib/mailman.
> Probably not.
>> P.S. I still have to figure out how to migrate my custom changes which
>> are in /usr/lib/mailman.
> The moral here is whenever you make a change to any Mailman module, you
> should keep a diff that can be reapplied as a patch when you upgrade.
> At this point, if you don't have that, you could download the 2.1.12
> source tarball from <https://launchpad.net/mailman/2.1/2.1.12> or
> <http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/mailman/>, unpack it and diff it against your
> 2.1.12 /usr/lib/mailman to see what you changed. You may have to sift a
> bit to separate your changes from any RedHat package changes, but you
> should be able to work it out.
Thanks again for the reply. I doubt it is a cookie cache issue since I
tried the access from the newly installed user and browser but I'll play
with it some more. I'll see if I can run the change URL script in the
kickstart file. I am hoping that mailman does not need to be running to
do that. I do have the patch files, but I question if they are directly
compatible with this version so I haven't tried that yet.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 196 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/attachments/20150108/69afcd20/attachment-0001.sig>

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list