[Mailman-Users] Changing name of mailman list that I own

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Jan 16 03:07:32 CET 2015

Timothy Murphy writes:

 > So it seems the simplest thing to do is to get my sysadmin
 > to create a new list, and delete the old one.

Yes.  Since you're at a university, it seems likely there are lots of
such lists and the sysadmin is familiar with the procedure.

I don't know if it's easy to reproduce various settings automatically
(@Mark: do you have script to "clone" a list with a new name?), but
you can ask your sysadmin to duplicate those.  As list owner you could
do it yourself, too, but if you need to reproduce "free text" fields,
the treatment of leading and trailing spaces can be fiddly.