[Mailman-Users] Subscriber's reply to my message gets sent to the list: how to prevent it

paul at nangoku-jiyu-jin.net paul at nangoku-jiyu-jin.net
Sun Jan 25 04:33:41 CET 2015

Hi

I have a list and recently a subscriber wrote to the list address and asked t be taken off. In face several did. So I sent an email
explaining the best way. Writing from my personal address at the same domain as the list, I said,

 "The best way to be removed from the list would be to follow the instructions at the bottom of the newsletter.  If you have trouble, please let me know and I will be glad to assist you. However, it will take several days as i am now travelling. Follow the directions at the bottom of the screen.Again, if this does not work for you, I will be glad to assist you.”

As far as I recall I cc’d myself at my mac address. She responded to the same list address saying “thank you” and somehow THAT MESSAGE got sent out to everyone.

Not a big problem, but am trying to figure out how it happened,

Some of my settings are:

--new members moderated

--hold when a moderated members posts

How is this possible that the subscriber’s email made it through to the list?   I want to make sure this does not happen again.

Thank you very much!

paul arenson