[Mailman-Users] Mobing A List To A Ne Server Under The Same Doamin Name

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 26 01:18:00 CET 2015

On 01/25/2015 01:05 PM, JB wrote:
> I am having to manually migrate some domains/web site from one server to another, both in a cPanel environment.  The resident backup restore functionality cannot be used for these domains.  Can I move the associated mailman lists by simply copying over the /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists files and ensuring that the permissions and ownership are set correctly?

You probably also want to copy
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private and, if there are
any held messages you want to keep,
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/data/heldmsg*.

It is not necessary to copy
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/public, and if you do, be
sure to copy symlinks as symlinks, not the targets. See the post at
<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2015-January/078341.html>
and the reply at
<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2015-January/078342.html>.

Also, see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/2oA9> and the first couple