[Mailman-Users] Announcing the new wiki.list.org

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Jan 26 16:10:44 CET 2015

I am very happy to announce our new wiki!

If you go to wiki.list.org you will see our shiny new Moin-based wiki.  We are
retiring the old Confluence-based wiki at the end of February.  Until then,
you can access it at old-wiki.list.org.

Our very huge thanks go to Paul Boddie who did the amazing conversion work,
almost single-handedly reverse engineering the Confluence dump through several
iterations.  Of course, our thanks also go to John Viega, owner of the
list.org domain and Mailman's inventor for helping us get the DNS flipped
over.  Thanks too to everyone who gave feedback on the new wiki, contributed
to the old wiki, and continue to help edit this important resource for the
Mailman community.

Our thanks also go to the Python Software Foundation and the PSF
infrastructure team for providing us with the virtual machine hosting our
new wiki.

If you had write access to the old wiki and want it again for the new wiki,
you will have to re-submit a request to mailman-cabal at python.org.  Please be
sure to register with wiki.list.org and provide us with your user name.

With this conversion, I am happy to say that GNU Mailman is finally fully
hosted on free software.  While we appreciate the years of service donated to
us by Atlassian and Contegix, it's important that we set an example by
utilizing an entirely free software stack for our development and outreach.
The wiki was our last remaining non-free bits.

Let the gardening begin!

Cheers,
-Barry
(On behalf of the GNU Mailman steering committee)

P.S. We are working on the SSL certificate for the new wiki.  Stay tuned.