[Mailman-Users] Archiving problems

Bill Christensen billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Tue Jan 27 03:00:56 CET 2015

On 1/25/15 7:27 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 01/25/2015 05:21 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>> Mark Sapiro writes:
>>
>>   > The solution is simple:
>>   >
>>   > rm -r archives/private/*
>>
>> You mean "rm -r archives/public/*", don't you?  As given it erases all
>> the data, no?
>
> Oh My yes! Absolutely! I hope nobody does the former. Thanks for
> catching this Steve.

Ok, I removed the public archives.  I didn't rm -r, just copied them
elsewhere in case this didn't work.

Our digest goes out at noon (and did).  I assume that qualifies as "the
next time it does anything to the list".   Four new messages went
through the list since then as well.

The public archive folder didn't rebuild.

Tail on the error log says:

  mlist.Save()

   File "/opt/local/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 574, in Save

     self.CheckHTMLArchiveDir()

   File "/opt/local/share/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line
241, in CheckHTMLArchiveDir

     makelink(privdir, pubdir)

   File "/opt/local/share/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line
49, in makelink

     os.symlink(old, new)

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Your thoughts?  FYI, this is on Mac 10.9.5, non-server version, if that
makes any difference.