[Mailman-Users] Permissions error

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Thu Jul 2 18:23:40 CEST 2015

On Thu, 02 Jul 2015 08:23:23 -0700, you wrote:

>Mailman is sending a notice to the 'mailman' list and it's
>undeliverable. That doesn't look like a 'bounce' log message. It looks
>more like 'post' log. What's in the 'smtp-failure' log?

Jul 02 16:12:13 2015 (1308)
<mailman.53.1435726803.13146.mailman@{my-domain.com}> smtp to mailman
for 1 recips, completed in 4.225 seconds
Jul 02 16:12:17 2015 (1308)
<mailman.98.1435726804.13146.mailman@{my-domain.com}> smtp to mailman
for 1 recips, completed in 4.159 seconds

I get this about every fifteen minutes.

There is one additional wrinkle here. I have two systems, one
production, one test. They are near duplicates of each other except
for age of software--production's old, test is near-current. Haven't
installed MM 2.1.20 yet. It would be all right if the messages to
mailman@{my-domain.com} went to the wrong machine, but they don't seem
to be going anywhere.