[Mailman-Users] Permissions error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 3 16:01:57 CEST 2015

On 07/03/2015 03:17 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:

> This sequence occurs every fifteen minutes:
>
> Jul 03 09:57:21 2015 (1308) All recipients refused:
> {'kelly@{mydomain.com}': (450, '4.1.1 <kelly@{mydomain.com}>:
> Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table')},
> msgid: <mailman.53.1435726803.13146.mailman@{mydomain.com}>
> Jul 03 09:57:21 2015 (1308) delivery to kelly@{mydomain.com} failed
> with code 450: 4.1.1 <kelly@{mydomain.com}>: Recipient address
> rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
> Jul 03 09:57:25 2015 (1308) All recipients refused:
> {'lynn@{mydomain.com}': (450, '4.1.1 <lynn@{mydomain.com}>: Recipient
> address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table')}, msgid:
> <mailman.98.1435726804.13146.mailman@{mydomain.com}>
> Jul 03 09:57:25 2015 (1308) delivery to lynn@{mydomain.com} failed
> with code 450: 4.1.1 <lynn@{mydomain.com}>: Recipient address
> rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

Mailman is trying to send some notices to 'kelly' and 'lynn' and Postfix
is not accepting them with a 450 status. Since it is a 4xx retryable
status, Mailman keeps retrying every 15 minutes. Mailman will eventually
give up and return bounces after 5 days (default DELIVERY_RETRY_PERIOD).

In order to help you proceed, I'd like to see the output from
'postconf -n' and the postfix log message from one of the above rejects.