[Mailman-Users] Unable to access Mailman Web interface

Steve Matzura number6 at noisynotes.com
Sat Jul 4 00:59:11 CEST 2015

On Fri, 03 Jul 2015 06:50:58 -0700, you wrote:

>$prefix/archives and the private/ and public/ sub-directories thereof
>are created on installation, and if Mailman is running there must be a
>'mailman' site list and thus $prefix/archives/private/mailman/ and
>$prefix/archives/private/mailman.mbox/ subdirectories whether or not
>they contain any actual archives.
>
>Further, If $prefix/archives/private didn't exist, check_perms would
>have thrown a "OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:" exception
>instead of reporting it was o+x.

Interesting: My $prefix is /usr/lib/mailman. However, there is a
/var/lib/mailman as that's where archives is. It's owned and grouped
properly, and it does have the 1-bit set in the 'other' portion of its
permissions mask. I can definitely fix that. But why does this all
appear in /var/lib/mailman and not /usr/lib/mailman?