[Mailman-Users] Nightly Messages Show Problems

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jul 5 05:15:38 CEST 2015

On 07/04/2015 10:19 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:

> Right. And it was wrong of RH not to tell me that up front, or if it
> does, it didn't jump up and tell me. Sometimes there's just so much to
> read and digest, and much of it has to be done after the fact. I'll
> comb their docs and if it's not present, will let you know so somehow
> it can be included somewhere.

Letting me know doesn't help. You have to tell RedHat. The documentation
the GNU Mailman project produces documents our GNU Mailman distribution.
If there is something incorrect or confusing in that documentation as
applied to our distribution, then we want to know about it and we will
do our best to fix it.

We cannot however document or even know about everything that downstream
packagers do in modifying and packaging our product in ways that make it
no longer aligned with our documentation. That is the reason for the
advice in the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/12812344> and the post
linked therefrom. That's not to say that we won't try to help you if you
have issues with a downstream package, but we are at a disadvantage for
doing so.

And, if you come here for help because we are more responsive and the
packager is less so, perhaps you should reconsider your decision to use
the downstream package.