[Mailman-Users] Migrate 2.x -> 3.x

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Jul 6 06:06:42 CEST 2015

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > The short answer is yes, there is a plan and it is one of the things we
 > plan to include with Mailman 3.1, but no, there is not yet an ETA for MM
 > 3.1.

I'm planning to migrate a bunch of lists by the end of July.  I will
be moving from Mailman2 + Exim on Debian GNU/Linux (IIRC) to Mailman3
+ Postfix on a Mac Mini running Yosemite (don't ask, it's grant money
politics).  I have a bunch more which will be migrating from some sort
of Linux + Postfix to Centos (IIRC) + an MTA to be named later by the
end of August.  All that should provide some, uh, "interesting"
experiences.

I plan to document my experience and produce scripts.  If y'all have
specific requirements or configurations you'd like us to consider in
producing the migration scripts, feel free to post here or mail me
personally, as appropriate.  (Will summarize anything generally
relevant, of course.)

Steve