[Mailman-Users] merging 2 mailing lists

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Tue Jul 7 13:15:15 CEST 2015

In a message of Tue, 07 Jul 2015 00:33:00 -0400, "Bill Cole" writes:
>On 6 Jul 2015, at 9:26, Laura Creighton wrote:
>
>> 2 somebodies I know want to merge their mailing lists.
>
>Have they bothered asking each and every subscriber and received an
>affirmative reply? No? Imagine my shock...
>
>The correct answer to this is "No, you can't. You don't have subscriber
>permission to do so."
>
>Unless you think having all of the IPs of the list service provider
>*correctly* blacklisted in many places is a good thing.

??? There's  been major discussion about this on both lists, and
everybody thinks it's a wonderful idea.  Not a single objection.
And for the life of me, I cannot imagine why there would be.  Recipes
developed by members of the Stockholm region support group for families
with kidney disease are perfectly edible by Värmland families in
the same position, and vice versa.  Why on earth shouldn't they be
able to combine their lists if they want to?

Laura