[Mailman-Users] Migrate 2.x -> 3.x

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull at sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Tue Jul 7 09:30:20 CEST 2015

JB via Mailman-Users writes:

 > I for one run a number of server with cPanel/WHM.  They are using
 > the latest 2.x version of MM now.  I was hoping that there would be
 > a way for cPanel/WHM to update to he 3.x tree and have all existing
 > list migrated to the new tree.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I don't think it's going to be easy
because cPanel uses custom mods to Mailman, and it's kind of out of
scope for me/us (they're a commercial enterprise and undoubtedly would
want to integrate Mailman 3 into next year's version of cPanal rather
than last year's).

I will talk to the cPanel guys about avoiding duplication of effort,
but most likely they will do the work on their own schedule.

Steve