[Mailman-Users] [Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3 status

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Jul 13 16:04:41 CEST 2015

[resend w/proper address]

On Jul 13, 2015, at 10:47 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>- Performance measurements.  There are theoretical reasons to believe
>  that under certain circumstances a "large" Mailman 3 under "heavy"
>  use *might* suffer bottlenecks, but we just don't know yet.

Note that the message delivery subsystem, while modernized and ported to
Python 3, is largely inherited from Mailman 2, which means that reliability
and performance *of message delivery* should be about the same.

Over in mailman-developers we've had some discussion about performance of the
REST server, which by default gets vended by Python 3's stdlib wsgiref module
and probably would be improved by a better wsgi application server such as
gunicorn.  Follow ups to -developers on that topic please.

>The information provided above is accurate to the best of my ability,
>but it has not been checked by the responsible developers.  It is
>provided in hope of may be of use to those considering installation of
>Mailman 3.  If you're still on the fence after reading this post,
>please do get more accurate information from the responsible
>developers on the Mailman Developers list.

You did good, Steve! :)

Cheers,
-Barry