[Mailman-Users] Mailman list mail for server loops back to myself

Robert Susmilch robert at susmilch.com
Thu Jul 16 03:32:32 CEST 2015

So... here's where I'm at. I took your suggestions to heart and tried
them. Didn't work. I reinstalled mailman from rpm and started with a
fresh mm_cfg.py.

Didn't work.

I reapplied my old config and changed my hostnames from my old
business domain to susmilch.com. I left the virtual_to_transport.sh line
.

If I remove virtual-mailman from main.cf, it complains rejecting my
email with an unknown recipient.

I restore virtual-mailman and postfix is happy. However, if I don't
run postmap on that after genaliases with a new list, the database is
out of date (obviously since genaliases doesn't run it).

If I leave out the virtual_to_transport script and create a new list,
it will not create the transport-mailman database.

I have edited the virtual_to_transport.sh to run postmap on
virtual-mailman and it seems to work.

At this point it seems to work. I have created two new lists and can sen
d.

My concern is I thought not having a FQDN as myhostname in main.cf of
postfix was bad karma.

Thanks for you time, if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

On 07/15/2015 07:52 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 7/15/15 5:33 PM, Robert Susmilch wrote:
>> By disabling the amavis filters in main.cf I get a successful
>> delivery.
>> By disabling content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024 it doesn't
>> seem to double up and rewrite the address to
>> test1 at server1.susmilch.com.
>

> OK. The rewriting definitely seems to be part of the issue, but
> there are probably other ways to deal with that without disabling
> amavis, if you want to do that.
>
> The virtual_to_transport script could be modified to write the
> domain as server1.susmilch.com for example.

h.com

- --
Respectfully,

Robert Susmilch
The "gobbledygook" in this email is due to this email having been
"signed" with PGP (or the free GPG). If both parties (sender and
receiver) had PGP key's the entire email could be encrypted (rendered
secure and unreadable except by the key holders) for confidentiality
and security.