[Mailman-Users] mail not delivered to a member

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 22 04:11:45 CEST 2015

On 7/21/15 11:43 AM, Chad Cordero wrote:
> I have a member of a list that did not get a message to the list.  He was
> a member of the list at the time (or I couldn¹t find a
> subscribe/unsubscribe request).  Please help.
>
> sh-4.2# bin/list_members --regular --nomail=enabled libraryit | wc -l
> 10

OK, the list has 10 members.

> sh-4.2# grep libraryit /var/log/mailman/smtp
> Jul 20 13:11:36 2015 (2133)
> <CA+cTe3anwP_90_U1yA93EH62W6fB6Bw=F3H1R+3WXZDidSr7AQ at mail.gmail.com> smtp
> to libraryit for 9 recips, completed in 0.016 seconds
> Jul 20 13:57:48 2015 (2133)
> <EC48F206-C1A9-440A-89DA-83961558110B at csusb.edu> smtp to libraryit for 10
> recips, completed in 0.017 seconds

and sometimes the list delivers to 9 recips and sometimes 10. The
difference is probably the poster's not metoo, or a Cc: to a list member
with nodups.

Your next step is to look at the MTA logs to see whether the specific
message was sent to the member.

On the other hand, this may be a case of what's in the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/4030680>.