[Mailman-Users] bouncing process does not return messages on user unknown

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 3 05:02:15 CEST 2015

On 06/02/2015 04:50 AM, Camelia Botez wrote:
> We run mailman-2.1.17 on rhel6 platform.
> I have a list containing some unknown users.
> When a messages is sent to this list , none of the administrators gets back a message of unknown user .
> The bounce does not send back the status of the message ( diferred , unknown user etc).
> How can I fix this?

See the list's web admin Bounce processing page. Also see Mailman's
'bounce' log.

Bounces are returned to Mailman. If the list's bounce_processing setting
is No, they are ignored. If Yes, they are handled according to the
remaining settings. List owners are not notified until a members bounce
score reaches bounce_score_threshold and the member's delivery is
disabled, and then only if bounce_notify_owner_on_disable is Yes

Beginning in 2.1.19, a list admin can request notification any time a
member's score is incremented.

These admin notices contain a copy of the triggering bounce.