[Mailman-Users] accept_these_nonmembers and case sensitivity

Ephraim Silverberg ephraim at cs.huji.ac.il
Thu Jun 18 08:08:51 CEST 2015

In Mailman 2.1.17, a user is listed under Privacy options->Sender
filters->accept_these_nonmembers as:

 	someone at somedomain

This individual sent a message to the list as:

 	Someone at somedomain

I.e. with the first letter of the username capitilised.

Since Mailman's policy is LCE, I would expect the message to
be sent to the list members seemlessly, but this is not what
happened.

>From the Exim logs, Mailman sent the sender and moderator a
"Post by non-member to a members-only list" message, but also
simultaneously sent the message to the list members WITHOUT
the moderator having approved the message, giving the sender
the impression that the message hadn't been sent out.