[Mailman-Users] Jump from Python 2.4 to 2.7...

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Mar 3 04:40:47 CET 2015

Laura Creighton writes:

 > Apologies, apologies ...
 > (from somebody who only learned that about CentOS only  _after_ she thought
 > thatinstalling a more modern Python system-wide would be in everybody's
 > interest)

Yes, indeed.  "Don't touch /usr/bin/python" is an ancient Red Hat and
Centos bugaboo going back to Python 1.5.2 at least (never used RHEL,
but since Centos suffers from it, I suppose older versions of RHEL do,
too).  It's interesting (not a criticism, I really mean "interesting")
that you had to learn from experience, Laura.

Is this true of recent Fedora, even today?

Regards,

Steve