[Mailman-Users] Bypassing Mailman 'confirmation' process

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Mar 8 02:02:42 CET 2015

On 03/07/2015 03:41 PM, Robert Heller wrote:
> Is there some way a list
> admin can change a user's E-Mail address and just skip the confirmation
> E-Mail.

Not from the web admin UI.  There is a feature request at
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/266809>, but it's never been
implemented.

If you have command line access, you can use Mailman's bin/clone_member
tool.

> I know I can just delete her old subscription and create a brand new one -- is
> that the only way?  That would probably lose all her old settings (if any).

Add the new address through admin Mass Subscription. Then copy all the
check boxes, real name and language from the old Membership List entry
to the new and copy the get password reminder and topics settings from
the old user options page to the new and then delete the old address.

The only thing that won't be preserved in this process is the user's
list password. You can't get that without command line access to the server.