[Mailman-Users] The "right" way to reply to a mailing list

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Fri Mar 20 14:40:24 CET 2015

On 3/20/2015 1:29 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> I don't know of anybody who prefers "bottom-posting" (and it's a bad
> idea to use that term as I've seen newbies instructed to "bottom-post"
> do exactly that, leaving 50 lines of original text and adding two
> lines at the bottom).

And I've seen many people use this exact example of 'bottom or inline
posting' in support of their argument in favor of top-posting, ignoring
arguments about trimming all irrelevant quoted text, implying that
anyone and everyone who supports bottom/inline posting wants you to
quote everything, untrimmed, and put your response below it.

It irks me no end...