[Mailman-Users] The "right" way to reply to a mailing list

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Fri Mar 20 15:27:34 CET 2015

On Fri, 2015-03-20 at 09:52 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
> > In many mail user agents, when you press the "Reply" button the program
> > will analyze the headers, determine that the post being replied to came
> > from a list and offer a "Reply to List" option in addition to a simple
> > reply, which generally goes privately to the original poster.
>
> I'd really like to know which email user agents really do this.
>
> In my experience, none of the ones used by 99+% of the worlds population
> actually use do this.

My MUA of choice is Evolution, formerly from Ximian but now a gnome GPL
project.  It has this feature, as does Thunderbird, which is fairly
popular.  I was under the impression that Outlook and/or Outlook Express
had it too, but I'm not sure about this.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The only unchanging certainty
FMP Computer Services |    is the certainty of change"