[Mailman-Users] The "right" way to reply to a mailing list

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Mon Mar 23 10:54:05 CET 2015

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015, Al Black wrote:

> Further to the point, between top posting and lack of editing, the
> digest format of list posts are essentially unreadable.

Do you mean the MIME digests produced by mailman ? I totally disagree,
they are one of the best features.

Subscribing in digest mode allows me to receive one cumulative post per
day (about, unless there is more traffic) and deal with them not
interrupting my other activities.

A proper MUA shall allow to read each message in the digest as if it were
a single e-mail (and reply, archive, forward etc. etc.).

In the case of my MUA (Alpine) I've programmed it so that a single
keystroke (for me it is capital D) will expand the digest in a temporary
folder where I deal with individual messages.