[Mailman-Users] The "right" way to reply to a mailing list / Re:

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Mar 23 15:36:39 CET 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 13:07 +0100, Roel Wagenaar wrote:
> Filtering maillist messages to a folder per list is a far more tidy way of
> dealing with the problem of identifying messages.

I did run into a minor issue with this regarding IMAP retrieval of mail.
It's important, in general, to make sure that automatic filtering is
done on only _one_ system if you have several checking the same
server-side mail repository.  Otherwise, you can get multiple copies of
filtered emails in your filter target folders.  T-bird may be more
intelligent than Evolution (which is generally very intelligent about
such things) about not filtering email that's been marked for deletion
but not yet expunged.

But this is a minor matter and rather OT for this thread.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The only unchanging certainty
FMP Computer Services |    is the certainty of change"