[Mailman-Users] The "right" way to reply to a mailing list

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Mar 23 18:55:36 CET 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 17:46 +0100, Thomas Gramstad wrote:
> > A proper MUA shall allow to read each message in the digest as if it were a
> > single e-mail (and reply, archive, forward etc. etc.).

I know of exactly one that's "proper" in this regard.  One of the
reasons I keep Evolution as my primary MUA is because it allows me to
extract a message/rfc822 part from a multipart/mixed MIME structure and
save it _as an email_ in the mail folder of my choice, at which point I
can deal with it as I wish.

T-bird doesn't do this, or didn't used to.  Certainly Apple mail
products don't even come close, nor do Microsoft MUAs.  Does anyone know
of any others that can do this?  This ability is kind of my litmus test
for an MUA.

I've found this quite useful in the past for emails identified as spam
by SpamAssassin which are in fact not.  I can pull them out of the
wrapper that SpamAssassin puts around them and put them into my Inbox.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The only unchanging certainty
FMP Computer Services |    is the certainty of change"