[Mailman-Users] sync_members

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 26 15:27:34 CET 2015

On 03/26/2015 03:11 AM, Marco Stoecker wrote:

> I have several mailing lists on a Mailman server which are
> synchronized with a database via a cronjob.
>
> Now my question: is it possible to not only synchronize the e-mail
> adresses but also the names?

Just provide the name along with the email address in the list you're
syncing with. E.g.,

John Doe <j.doe at example.com>

See <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030562> for other acceptable formats. Note
that this will add new members along with their real names, but real
names for existing members will not be changed even if the existing real
name is empty.