[Mailman-Users] Help with ONE broken list (Mailman 2.1.9) P.S.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 6 00:09:48 CEST 2015

On 05/05/2015 12:51 PM, drew.tenenholz at isid.org wrote:
> P.S.
>
> If this error message helps, here is something that doesn't work on the
> production machine but is fine on the development one:
>
> root# ./config_list -v -i /path_to_file/config_from_previous_date list-name
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./config_list", line 362, in ?
>     main()
>   File "./config_list", line 357, in main
>     do_input(listname, infile, checkonly, verbose)
>   File "./config_list", line 258, in do_input
>     guibyprop = getPropertyMap(mlist)
>   File "./config_list", line 230, in getPropertyMap
>     for element in gui.GetConfigInfo(mlist, category, subcat):
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Gui/Privacy.py", line 162, in
> GetConfigInfo
>     if mlist.dmarc_quarantine_moderation_action:
>   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 146, in __getattr__
>     raise AttributeError, name
> AttributeError: dmarc_quarantine_moderation_action

I'm a bit confused, but I think I understand. You say this is Mailman
2.1.9, but the above traceback says
/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Gui/Privacy.py defines a list attribute
dmarc_quarantine_moderation_action which didn't exist before 2.1.18.

My best guess is something backported the DMARC mitigations into your
Mailman 2.1.9 and also included code in Mailman/versions.py to update
older lists, but whether or not a list gets updated by this process
depends on the list's data_version being less than the DATA_FILE_VERSION
defined in Mailman/Version.py.

So, still guessing but, the backport incremented DATA_FILE_VERSION so
all the existing lists got updated except the list that came from the
2.1.14 Mailman that already had a data_version >= the new DATA_FILE_VERSION.

To fix this, do the following:

bin/withlist -l problem_list_name
>>> m.data_version = 1
>>> m.Save()
>>>            <- control-D here to exit

If I am correct, that will fix the problem, and If it is something else,
no harm will be done.