[Mailman-Users] Mailman on CentOs - Sender is forged (SPF Fail)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 8 19:27:46 CEST 2015

On 05/08/2015 08:48 AM, Eric Lamer wrote:
> Ok I disabled SELinux and it is working.
>
> Any idea why SELinux would prevent mailman to write to log?

Yes. When you do a straight install of Mailman from source, it doesn't
put everything in FHS compliant places. In particular, the logs in your
case are in /var/lib/mailman/logs, not in /var/log/mailman where FHS and
your SELinux security policy expects them to be.

If you don't care about SELinux, just leave it disabled. If you want to
use it, it will be difficult. You could try moving things to the
locations indicated at <http://wiki.list.org/x/8486953>. Much stuff will
already be there if you configured as I suggested, but some things need
to move.

If you create any new 'mailman' directories, (e.g.
/var/lock/mailman,/var/log/mailman, /var/spool/mailman, /etc/mailman) be
sure they are group 'mailman' and SETGID and then create symlinks from
the old places to the new ones. You can also look in Defaults.py at the
sections labeled

# Useful directories
# Directories used by the qrunner subsystem
# Other useful files

and override some of those settings in mm_cfg.py. If you do this, you
might think that for the queue fils it would be sufficiewnt to just put

QUEUE_DIR = '/var/spool/mailman'

in mm_cfg.py, but other things were set in Defaults.py based on the
'old' QUEUE_DIR, so you also need to put all the things like

INQUEUE_DIR     = os.path.join(QUEUE_DIR, 'in')

in mm_cfg.py after the QUEUE_DIR setting.