[Mailman-Users] DMARC hack

Allan Hansen hansen at rc.org
Sun May 24 02:02:36 CEST 2015

Never mind - it started working. I just had to leave the house and come back. Mayby the issues at work can be done that way, too. :-)
Allan

Hi,

I have waited almost a year for AOL and Yahoo to admit that they messed up and to remove their DMARC policy. My AOL and Yahoo subscribers are pretty upset at me because I won’t let them post. A number now have two subscriptions, one for posting (from GMail) and another for receiving the messages.

So against my better judgement, I included this hack in Cleanse.py;

22c22
< from email.Utils import formataddr, parseaddr
—
> from email.Utils import formataddr

69,74d68
<
<     # Added to deal with DMARC issuej
<     name, addrs = parseaddr(msg.get('from'))
<     addrs += '.invalid'
<     del msg['from']
<     msg['from'] = formataddr((name, addrs))
\ No newline at end of file

I found it in the discussion list.

I don’t get compile errors, but Cleanse.pyc is not being updated. I have stopped and restarted Mailman and I have also rebooted, but same non-action. I have not tried ‘compileall’ and am not eager to, either (permissions, where to invoke, etc). Any suggestions?

The host OS is Mac OS X Server 10.5.8 with Mailman 2.1.14

Yours,

	Allan