[Mailman-Users] How to know if all messages were distributed

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 25 18:54:01 CEST 2015

On 05/25/2015 08:46 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Regis writes:
>
>  > But what is strange is that actually some of those messages were
>  > really distributed : I am sure because I got return receipt emails
>  > for them !
>
> You've cross checked the Message-IDs?  What do you mean by "return
> receipt"?  Are you sure they are not "bounce" messages, which indicate
> that mailwas *not* delivered?

I overlooked this in my earlier reply. If you mean that in your post you
have requested to be notified when the recipient reads the message,
Mailman makes some effort to remove all such requests from message
headers before sending the message, so any DSN you received is more
likely a bounce, but you shouldn't be seeing those either as they should
be delivered to the Mailman's bounce processing.

Regis, I would like to see how you are requesting a return receipt.
Please send me <mark at msapiro.net> a message using the same mail client
you used to post to the list and requesting a return receipt.