[Mailman-Users] One way umbrella list question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 26 14:41:08 CEST 2015

On 05/25/2015 08:14 AM, Rob Dover wrote:
> Greetings.
> I have an installation (2.1.20) that we use for club communications. All
> club members are explicitly subscribed to the main [members] list. There are
> also a couple of smaller lists that we use for executive and committee
> discussions. I would like all members of the master [members] list to have
> posting privileges to the smaller lists but limit the emails that mailman
> sends for the smaller lists to only the smaller lists.

You don't want umbrella lists. All you need to do is put @members (or
whatever the name of the all-members list is preceded with '@') in the
Privacy options... -> Sender filters -> accept_these_nonmembers  setting
of all the smaller lists. follow the (Details for
accept_these_nonmembers) link on the Privacy options... -> Sender
filters page for more info.