[Mailman-Users] Default domain email not work

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 27 15:44:15 CEST 2015

On 05/27/2015 12:35 AM, EyeLand wrote:

> 1) I want to receive mails to mailman at list.ournet.biz
> because subscribers view that email on
> info page http://r.ournet.biz/1Hue3k5

Yes, I understand. This is a situation that is not straightforward to
deal with in installations with lists in multiple virtual domains. The
mailman at domain address is displayed on admin and listinfo overviews with
a domain based on the 'host' of the URL of the page which means ideally,
the 'mailman' address should work in all supported domains, but
Mailman's integration with Postfix doesn't do that.

Thinking about it, I have decided this is a bug. See
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1459236>.

> 2) today Mailman change file /var/lib/mailman/data/transport-mailman
> https://gist.githubusercontent.com/eyeland/5f2017044013cd94ffe2/raw/907d4860807af00076acc4e6d3e96fd3ff587e1a/gistfile1.txt
> and I not see now on file mailman at list.mobilier.md
> <mailto:mailman at list.mobilier.md> anyway that mail work fine

It looks like you ran bin/genaliases and before doing so, you changed
the host_name attribute of the 'mailman' list so it is no longer either
list.ournet.biz or list.mobilier.md.

> 3) I test again mailman at list.mobilier.md, mailman at vps1.ournet.biz,
> mailman at list.ournet.biz
> and mails to mailman at list.mobilier.md
> and mailman at vps1.ournet.biz
> was redirect to mailman at vps1.ournet.biz
> control panel Mailman
> http://vps1.ournet.biz/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/mailman, but mail sent to
> mailman at list.ournet.biz generate error
> https://gist.githubusercontent.com/eyeland/172404219786ce7902fc/raw/5f52e7fb432d332265086e6581a7ed3ec530d1b5/gistfile1.txt

The real question here is how is mail to mailman at list.mobilier.md being
delivered. I suspect that address is in a virtual mapping somewhere.
Your postconf -n shows

virtual_alias_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman,
proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf,
proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf

Since you apparently ran genaliases and mailman at list.mobilier.md is not
in your transport maps, it also isn't in
/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman, but it may still be in
/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman.db because your postfix map
command doesn't update it.

This then again raises the question of why you are doing all the
transport maps stuff at all when the straightforward virtual_alias_maps
will apparently work

> 4) I create mailman lists on control panel ISPconfig, maybe the problem
> is on another place?

If you are dealing with control panels, you should take those issues to
the people who provide them.

I will fix the bug at
<<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1459236>> and provide a patch
here when I do.