[Mailman-Users] 64 bit encoding

Ruben Safir mrbrklyn at panix.com
Thu Nov 5 12:48:32 EST 2015

On 11/05/2015 12:24 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 11/05/2015 08:41 AM, Ruben Safir wrote:
>>
>> Which file am I patching?  Is this a normal setup?  I pulled it from
>> opensuse.
>>

>> ruben at www:~> locate Mailman/Message.py
>> /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Message.py
>> /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Message.pyc
>
> The above two are probably what you want.
> /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Message.py is the source to patch. After you
> apply the patch and restart Mailman, Python will automatically detect
> that the .py is newer and recompile it into the .pyc.
>

>> /usr/local/apache/conf/mailman/Mailman/Message.py
>> /usr/local/apache/conf/mailman/Mailman/Message.pyc

ohh.

Maybe I did that because I didn't want my cgi-bin directory outside of
my apache trunk.  It is odd habit I picked up in the last 30 years is
that I want my webservers restricted to the apache directory tree which
is /usr/local/apache/

It didn't occur to be that mailing system binary and script libraries
would also end up in the apache trunk.

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin ruben at mrbrklyn.com
    DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/nylxs"
    ScriptAlias     /mailman/
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mailman/cgi-bin/
    Alias           /mailmanicons/  /usr/local/apache/htdocs/mailman/icons/
    Alias           /pipermail/
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mailman/archives/public/
    ServerName www.nylxs.com
    DirectoryIndex index.html
    PerlModule Embperl
    Embperl_UseEnv        on
    ErrorLog logs/nylxs_error_log
    CustomLog logs/nylxs_access_log common
    <Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/nylxs>
           Options     Indexes ExecCGI
           DirectoryIndex index.html
           <Files *.html>
           SetHandler perl-script
#          PerlResponseHandler URL_BLOCK
           PerlHandler Embperl
           </Files>
           AllowOverride None
           Order allow,deny
           Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName   lists.mrbrklyn.com
        DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mailman/"
        ScriptAlias     /mailman/
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mailman/cgi-bin/
        Alias           /mailmanicons/
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mailman/icons/
        Alias           /pipermail/
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mailman/archives/public/

"
        ErrorLog     logs/mailman_error_log
        TransferLog  logs/mailman_access_log
        <Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/mailman/cgi-bin>
         order allow,deny
         allow from all
        </Directory>

        <Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/mailman/icons>
                order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>

        <Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/mailman/archives/>
                Options +FollowSymLinks
                order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>