[Mailman-Users] Text "Reappears" when MBox Archive Rebuilt
dave at 3rdValve.net
Mon Nov 30 16:09:46 EST 2015
This is an odd one. I'm hoping there's a straight forward answer:
1) I edited our mbox archive (with vi) to remove some offensive content.
2) Saved the file.
3) Did a *grep* on the text that was removed - not found.
4) Uploaded the mbox file to a brand new server
5) Rebuilt the html archives using that mbox file.
The text that was deleted in step #1 appears in the newly generated HTML
How could this be possible?
Out of paranoia I went back to the mbox file that I uploaded, grep'd again
- and also loaded the file into vi and searched for any of the text that
was removed. Not found.
Any ideas? This seems really, really strange.
- Caught in a Parallel Universe
More information about the Mailman-Users