[Mailman-Users] List messages showing as attachments

Lindsay Graham LDGraham at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 30 17:21:20 EST 2015

I hope this is the right place to ask this question -- if not, please
direct me to the right place.

I'm a subscriber to 2 Mailman lists, Ger-Poland-Volhynia list at
sggee.org and TSS list at surname-society.org.  I joined the former
(with Individual messages) several years ago and it has always worked as
expected.

The TSS list is new and, as a member of TSS (The Surname Society), I was
subscribed automatically to Digest mode, but very soon switched to
Individual mode.  All email messages that come from the list (both
Digest and Individual) are blank except for the list footer and the real
message is an attachment to that blank message.  I always have to open
that attachment to read the message but to reply, I have to reply to the
blank message.  It's my impression that very few other TSS list
subscribers receive their messages in this way, and I've not so far been
able to get any explanation form the TSS webmaster.

I've checked the Mailman subscription options for both lists and the
settings appear to be identical.  My email client is Thunderbird 31.7
(not quite the latest version) running under Windows 8.1 64-bit.  The
problem with the TSS list exists whether I view the email in Thunderbird
or my ISP's webmail.

If anybody has any clues why the TSS messages should appear in this way,
I'd be very grateful for your help/advice.

Lindsay Graham
Canberra, Australia