[Mailman-Users] restrict subscription, unsubscription and send mails in mailman list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Oct 31 11:50:25 EDT 2015

On 10/30/2015 01:14 PM, Amaury Viera Hernández wrote:
> Hi everyone:
> I just arrived to this list and I'm needing your help. I have a mailman list and I need 3 things (I couldn't find this in google and in http://wiki.list.org/DOC/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions):
> 1- I need that the users couldn't subscribe to the list

In the web admin UI for the list set Privacy options... -> Subscription
rules -> subscribe_policy to Require approval and then reject or discard
any subscription requests.

> 2- I need that the subscribed users can't unsubscribe

In the web admin UI for the list set Privacy options... -> Subscription
rules -> unsubscribe_policy to Yes and then reject or discard any
unsubscription requests.

> 3- I need that just some users can send mails to the list

In the web admin UI for the list set Privacy options... -> Sender
filters set default_member_moderation to Yes and
member_moderation_action to Reject or Discard as desired, and if Reject,
maybe set member_moderation_notice.

Then go to Membership Management... -> Membership List and under
Additional Member Tasks set everyone moderated and then uncheck 'mod'
for those allowed to post.

Also, see <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030685>, particularly the sections
"How to restrict the list so only authorized persons can post:" and "How
to post to the announcement list:".